About Jim Brightman, LICSW
I am a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) who works primarily with children, adolescents, young adults and families. I specialize in treating clients with autism, ADHD, processing and learning differences. I also treat clients affected with executive functioning deficits.
I graduated from Simmons University in 2008 with a Master of Social Work. Although I have extensive experience as a private practice therapist, my specialty has been working with clients in-home and also in a school-based setting. I am based out of Newton (where I live) and serve clients in many of the surrounding towns.
I partner with parents for maximum success for their children. While my core group of clients have an age range between 8 to 20 years, I have also worked with younger and older clients.
- Graduated Simmons University in 2008 with a Master of Social Work.
- Extensive experience working in a variety of settings including home, office, school and community.
- Based out of Newton covering a 15-20-mile radius.
- Travel to where you need me.
- Home-based therapy and therapeutic support.
- Extensive experience working with clients developing and building confidence in their skills and interpersonal interactions.
- Experience working as a professional in the private sector.
- A wide variety of specialized experience to draw from for advocacy and educational consulting goals.
- Partnering and coaching with parents.
- I enjoy golf, the outdoors, sports, humor, reading, learning, music, community service, family and friends.